2.03.2007

Inspired by Brilliance

Friday I had the amazing opportunity to hear two of the greatest wedding photographers of all times speak about their craft and love for what they do. Marcus Bell and Joe Buissink made a stop on there 11 city tour in Atlanta, Ga.

I was up at 4 am and left my house at 5 am to make the 90 min drive before rush hour to Atlanta. At 9 am the day began and from the moment they began to speak I felt more inspired than I had in months. Throughout the day, I laughed, I tried to hide my tears, but most of all, I found a great pride in my craft. Going through the motions of day to day life, it is only human nature to take for granted the great things that surround you. In my work, I have the amazing opportunity to see a side of people that only their dearest friends and family ever get to see. I am blessed to be able to tell a story of the most important times in a person's life. Moments and emotions captured in a photograph that will be cherished by that person and their loved ones and eventual their kids and then theirs. If you think about it, that one click of my shutter makes a major impact on the lives of others, I'm so greatful and proud to be able to do that! Sitting in a room with all those other photographers listening to these two passionate photographers speak, I knew that I was doing exactly what I was meant to do with my life.

At 7pm when the day was done and I made the battle through Atlanta traffic home, I was so excited about life and what I get to do with it. I was so excited that today I have a wedding to photograph. I can't wait for the shoots to come, the new people to meet and the times ahead!

Thank you Joe and Marcus, I am blessed to have heard you speak of your incredible talent and sharing it with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bakari said...

I've been following your blog for about week day. It's great to hear that you attended this workshop. I signed up for their San Fransisco presentation. I really look forward to it. I so long to take my photography to another level. Thanks for posting your blog.

7.2.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you DO have a mushy-gushy side. Shhhh, I won't tell anyone. ;o)

7.2.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home