10.28.2006

What I'm reading: No Excuses (bow to the mighty iTunes)

My #1 reason for not reading is a lack of time. When I do have free time I'd much rather be hanging out with friends or napping rather than reading. I've had 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' on my list of 'must-read' books now for 2 years and had never read it... boy was that stupid!

I was on iTunes, which is my secret obsession, when I ran across 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' on iTunes audio! With one swift 'buy' click and 10 bucks later, I was the owner of the book I'd meant to read for years. I hit 'play' as I edit away on some engagement images, and began to learn why I'm poor. Wow, how depressing and educational all at the same time.

If you're a business owner or not you should have this book on your shelf, or if you're like me, in your iPod! If you're like most of the population, you work your butt off and never get anywhere. Why? Well for one thing you own things like iPods... lol. No longer, I immediately had the urge to make a budget, start 'minding my own business' and making money, that I would otherwise spend on things like CD's & movies, work for me. As I evaluated my spending, I see a pattern for things like Netflix, lunch & dinner out, Best Buy (wow I need a Best Buy Support Group!) and random other things. I also noticed that my 'must have' list never seems to get any short, whereas my 'wants list' rotates all the time. If you see this own pattern in your life, or even if you want to expand your brain, I highly recommend this book. Once you do, and you read it, or listen :o), come back and leave us a comment and let us know what you've learned & how you're changing. See ya at the Ritz... :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bakari said...

Hmmm, I always thought this book was one of the get rich type scheme books. But you make it sound different. I still can't bring myself to read it, but maybe I could give it a listen.

7.2.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home