4.09.2007

Wendy + Andy || The Engagement

Shot on location at Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, GA.

I first met Wendy + Andy a few months ago at Cafe Mi Aroma. From the moment they sat down and we started chatting I could tell they were absolutely crazy about one another. I honest to God, no fooling, sure enough, teared up twice when Andy was telling me about his bride to be. I was sure they thought I was a nut after that but instead we started making plans for their engagement shoot. When I asked what some of their favorite things were, Wendy mentioned butterflies and nature. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you I've been wanting to shoot something at Callaway for far too long now and I saw a chance to do just that. I mentioned the idea and they immediately said yes, which made me love them instantly.

I'm not sure who was more excited, them or me, after tons of excited emails from Wendy to that effect and a super sweet voicemail from Andy the night before, Thursday finally arrived!

We began our shoot in the fabulous butterfly garden.

It's too perfect that the theme for the wedding will be tropical.

After a quick lunch, we ventured over to the amazing lake area where we lucked upon the most incredible light!


Behind the lake were dozens of stunning azalea bushes of every color and hundreds of tulips along side the creek.

The ground was completely covered in pink azalea blooms and we were blanketed by a thick patch of bushes. I adore the colors and fun of this image!

I'm certain that I've never heard the words "I love you" so many times in my life. They are so in love with each other that they absolutely glow at the sight of the other.

The laugh on Wendy's face is infectious, I can't look at these without smiling and laughing myself.


The light was beyond perfect and was so kind at this very moment. I love the bursts of light coming through the trees that seem to fall on them.

From there we went to the beach for some fun in the sand and evening sunshine. As we were walking under the picnic area, the ceiling jumped out at me and we had to do something with it.

We hit the beach during the time of day that is known to us photographers as the "golden hour" for some warm light. I love this image, I think it says so much about these two. You can just tell from their expressions what's in their hearts, I love it.

Check out this ring, not only is this guy adorable and sweet but he has awesome taste in the bling-bling department.




Wow, I can't even begin to describe the fun I had with these two. I'm forever greatful for this day, I got to spend it with two people I adore at an amazing location doing what I love to do the most, can a person be more blessed than that? Thank you, thank you, thank you.

With a little more than 250 images, check out the entire day's shoot on the online gallery .

Cinematic Slideshow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home